[Regia-NA] Have a Happy.....:-)

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 9 02:51:13 EDT 2004

Jeanne wrote:
> Only if Bush wins.....................

Yeah it's beginning to look like our elections are as bad as yours.
Possibly worse.
Every four years we get to choose between the lesser of four weevils.
Although I'd swear Donald Rumsfeld has been running things for the
last twenty-five years in some capacity.

Our new Democratic vice presidential candidate (Edwards) went
from a local NC city councilman to Senator six years ago, and now
is sitting in the catbird's seat with Kerry.  Nice guy, from
a millworker's family, but I doubt if either is going to be suited
to fighting a terrorist war.

On the other hand things under Bush have been either Pell-Mell
or too restricted for political correctness to finish the business
over there. I'm beginning to think the Iraqis deserved Saddamn.
We need to scare the absolute hell out of someone for it to end.

Just like you, we seem to have a dynasty in charge currently.
Only we don't pay them 18 million pounds a year to be the
richest bunch in the country. :)
It costs our bunch more than that to buy their way into power.
The Congress gets to the big money first.
I suppose that is the difference between us.
Ours retire rich and you tax the hell out of your representatives.
Still you did finally get rid of your House of Lords eh wot?
Even Cromwell couldn't accomplish what inheritance taxes have.

That and that American is becoming the dominant English language,
but you'd never know it to listen to an Australian. Problem is
no one else on earth can talk quite like an Australian. :)
Of course with all the funnel web spiders and crocodiles multiplying
they're going to be chow sometime soon. That lunatic Crocodile
Hunter has replaced Crocodile Dundee who replaced the Road Warrior
as the National Poster Child. Mel Gibson is taking the Revolution
to the World Stage now. I wonder who he'll play next?

Magnus