[Regia-NA] Have a Happy.....:-)

rmhowe MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 9 02:03:56 EDT 2004

Hazel Uzzell wrote:
> Happy Independence Day to all:-)
> I sang a chorus of 'Mine Eyes Have Seen...' along with the Sally Army  on
> the radio this morning in your honour...I even felt moved to take the
> descant part. Fortunately, Ian was out at a show and the cat was safe in her
> basket behind the door....!:0
> Hazel

You realize that was a Civil War song sung by the damned Yankees I hope?
I just inherited some pictures from my grandparent's family and darned
if some of the buggers aren't in northern uniform. I was raised in
a respectable southern house descended from the Lees and Washingtons
of Virginny. My sister owns George's Father's table. Both sisters
have lockets of Lee's and Washington's hair. There was one but my
mother had it duplicated and divided the locks. They have very little
interest in their family history.

On the other hand I'm glad you're feeling better.

Personally, in my teens I used to drown out the choir with a sort
of baritone. I've always been unable to tune an instrument too.
Can't say how I'd do with catgut.
Sometimes I'm willing to experiment.
Depends on who's bothering our resident birds.
We usually trap them humanely and let the city handle it.
The wife loves setting that trap. We're missing some wrens.
Dunno why I ended up in that choir for a short time.
Best I try now is whistling at rare times.

Magnus die Teufel