Early Heavy Metal (was Re: [Regia-NA] Marylanders)

Tracie Brown trbrown at uga.edu
Thu Jul 1 11:12:28 EDT 2004

Brett,
   I dropped by your web site, and based on it, I think you
(and others) would be interested in this recording, if you
haven't already found it:

http://www.sabbatum.com/

   It's Black Sabbath, sung in Latin, performed as early
music.  And it works!  Anyone familiar with the Black Sabbath
songs will recognize the tunes, and those familiar with early
music will recognize the early music sources and influences.
The band, Rondellus, has recorded several "straight" early
music recordings as well:  http://www.sabbatum.com/band

   Have fun.

-- Tracie