[Regia-NA] Re: Secrets of the Vikings OT

Yolli list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 23:20:41 -0000

Eat more Omega 3 Kim - it's in fish oils and it will preserve your brain
cells - in fact I think Regia should preserve your brain in a fish bowl
when you kick the bucket so that we can seek advice from you in the
future...

"Oh speak to us great oracle!"

The Vikings they used were Swedish and the ships and Viking camp from
Fotoviken on the southern tip of Sweden.

Hmmm, they are a hairy lot and in the flesh extremely charming, however,
the programme makers once again didn't take our advice and chose to make
use of what 'Vikings' they could find. Sure there are always place and
time pressures for the producer etc - but when seen in comparison with
Regia, these Swedish guys were laughable and set back the cause of us
latterday 'Vikings' some decades in re-enactment terms.

It just makes me cringe. It is odd the way the Scandinavian Vikings are
so 'easy come, easy go; about anomalies on site. It just doesn't faze
them and even when I'm in Denmark, I can't help but be paranoid about
modernity creeping into view. Not that stopped my son ( 2 ) popping out
of the tent with his dummy; his purple fairy dolly; and his Thomas the
Tank engine and sitting down in the 'town' square.

Roll.