[Regia-NA] Secrets of the Vikings

J K Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:37:52 -0000

The "further south" search may be my fault. I mentioned in passing that the furthest north that wild grapes grew/grow
was/is Long Island Sound

So, if the called the place Vinland, perhaps they got at least that far south - and it did cause a bit of a headsup!.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

 - who wishes you and yours all the very best for the New Year.

----- Original Message -----
From: <VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [Regia-NA] Secrets of the Vikings

Yep, that was our esteemed previous AO.  The slight, cat-who-ate-the-bird grin gave me a great guffaw.
Don't know about the shield fittings...hopefully someone else can answer that.  Concerning the wood grain...a facing
would also have effectively hidden it.  But there were a few other over-generalizations.
That was the first I had heard that someone was still pursuing a further south Norse landing, and had even made a
relatively pin-point location.
The woods shoot was fun, although I think I could have done without the LSD induced blurring camera work.
(Forgot to mention that Aly looked good dead :o) )
Bill

> Message date : Jan 05 2004, 04:49 PM
> From : Schuster, Robert L.
> To : list-regia-na@lig.net
> Copy to :
> Subject : RE: [Regia-NA] Secrets of the Vikings
>

> Roland looked great as the Emperor, and Kim in his waistcoat looked snazzy.
> --So Roland was the Byz. Emperor huh?
> I couldn't help but wonder who was who as I watched it.
> Remembered previous posts about when you all did the shoot in the woods at night.
> Also learned something I hadn't previously thought off about the shields and hitting on the grain vs. against it.
Painting the shields to hide the grain makes sense.
> One other thing, in the scene where the Skraelings killed the settlers. The male had a shield with the handle that was
spilt at the ends. I was under the assumption this was a Saxon thing and very early.
> Is my logic flawed there?
> Halvgrimr

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime