[Regia-NA] Gulf Wars

Cathal at mindspring.com cathal at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 15 19:35:32 EST 2004

On 16 Feb 2004 at 1:02, VIKING at inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk wrote:

> Hi Grace,
> This might sound weird, but not being a member of the SCA doesn't mean
> you can't attend their function. All that is required is the entrance
> fee and your signature on a waiver (that if you get hurt, you can't
> hold them liable). There is a registration process...apparently one
> on-line, but I'm holding off registering myself until I get some comm
> up with the head honcho of the Early Period encampment. Alternatively,
> you can just show up at the door.

The waivre is a bit less comprehensive than that.  It is essentially a document that
acknowledges by your signature that you recognize that participation in the event
could pose a danger to yourself and your property.  You further agree that any
litigation resulting from such occurrences will first be subject to an arbitration
procedure under the laws of the state of California before it hits the courts.
Of course any and all of the foregoing is worth only the opinion of the Judge who
rules on it and the calibre of the legal eagles you hire to assert your case.  It
mitigates (lessens) the obligation that the SCA has toward you as an invited guest.

Pre-reg and land reservation ended 31 January, 04.  Entry at the door is cash in
hand (i.e. no cheques...) and space available for camping (usually groups who
reserve blocks of land have already given their numbers for the blocks by the end of
pre-reg).

The only requirements to attend (in respect to historical reenactment) are a
reasonable attempt at pre 17th century costume and a further willingness to
obey the applicable real-world laws and site regulations.

James Pratt
(who in the SCA is Cathal mac Edan na faeled)

Na sir 's na seachain an cath.