[Regia-NA] Re: Goldies and indelible images

rmhowe mmagnusm at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 16 06:27:24 EST 2004

Kim Siddorn wrote:

> Andy, could I prevail upon you - at least in polite company - not to refer
> to Honda Gold Wings as "Goldies". This term is reserved by thinking
> motorcyclists (rather than bikers, you understand) to refer to the BSA Gold
> Star range, especially the DBD34.

I wonder: Has the current American craze of American Chopper, biker
buildoffs, Monster Garage, hot rod car construction, and turning
BMWs into trash pickup machines made it to England yet?
The Discovery Channel here has turned into motorcycle Reality TV.
The more fuss the better.
Some of these bike builders really ought to understudy armor
construction from someone like Master Edrid Tremayne / Tom Justus
who can do full fluted Maximilian armour. I've seen it.

While it is interesting watching them cut and weld and bend
it isn't the same skill level by a damned sight.
Like the late Master Finnr once said: "There is only so many ways of
wrapping a dead animal around your foot."  I realize Imelda
Marcos and similar afficianados may disagree.
The same thing applies to biker metal shaping, or in far too many
cases metal fudging. The professional blacksmith is generally
more skilled.

> I normally have great respect for Mr Honda's products, but must rate the
> Gold Wing with the contemporary CX 500 as one of his lumpier ideas.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kim Siddorn
> - who has spent a few hours on two wheels over the years.

Golden Retrievers here springs to my mind when I hear Goldies.
I tend to stay off of alt.sex myself.

> ;)

You haven't been around all that many Tuchux much have you?
There are the hardcore Tuchux, and then there are the fluff Tuchux
who try to be acceptable to the SCA. A 400 pound hot sweaty dirty
Tuchuck in a g-string looking for all the world like Red Roast Lard
on a 105 degree dusty Pennsic day is a sight NOT to behold.
At least you can laugh at the silly bikers without retching. :)
A motorcycle seat doesn't penetrate quite as far as a chain
thong either.  You really should ask my wife about the G-tails
some time. When her life finally flashes before her eyes I'm sure
that will be an indelible innage.

Magnus