[Regia-NA] RE: list-Regia-NA Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6 - OT

clare power bjartney at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 08:47:38 EST 2004

Yeh

Go Kim Go

When I was young and slightly wilder I had an A10.  Whilst I've also ownned a Honda (briefly), a 400/4, my personal feeling on goldwingthings are they are"bikes" for car drivers.  Far too much fairings  -trailers??? (whats that all about) and usually ridden by the matching leather brigade.

OK, my roots are showing.  Now ask me if I care

Clare

Kim Siddorn <kim.siddorn at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Andy, could I prevail upon you - at least in polite company - not to refer
to Honda Gold Wings as "Goldies". This term is reserved by thinking
motorcyclists (rather than bikers, you understand) to refer to the BSA Gold
Star range, especially the DBD34.

I normally have great respect for Mr Honda's products, but must rate the
Gold Wing with the contemporary CX 500 as one of his lumpier ideas.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn
- who has spent a few hours on two wheels over the years.