[Regia-NA] Regia Reference Books?

Linda Rice vmaa2 at cox.net
Tue Aug 17 08:52:51 EDT 2004

Hi Nick and all~

This is a good idea! In fact, for those who are already on the Yahoo lists NADARA and Norsefolk_2,
there is such a thing already started in both places. Right now they don't amount to a whole lot,
since it was a project I got started on and then had to table due to real life interrupting my fun
life.  But, I'd love it if other folks would like to go and add their favorite books to the list,
(either place is fine).  Any titles that can be related to Viking-era Norse, including crafts that
are specifically tied to Viking era crafts, are welcome to be added. For example, I listed
Collingwoods "Techniques of Tablet Weaving", just because it's a good, comprehensive book to learn
TW from.

I see this as a great resource for new people who don't know where to begin regarding books. Books
are expensive, and anything we can do to help people make wise purchases is a good thing, IMO.
I've never envisioned this as ever being a complete or definitive listing, only a primer for the
best books to get started with. Those who want to do deep specific research on a topic will
probably go far beyond this project.

So far I haven't thought about a "Wish List" of OOP books, although one of the info columns does
ask for availability. I left out price because that can vary wildly, as Magnus' post attested.

If I get time I'll try to add more titles this week. We're eyeball deep in alligators around here
right now, but I'll see what I can do.  I don't come anywhere near to Magnus' volume of books, but
I will admit to having a fair few good books around here. ;o)

Pax,
::Linda::