[Regia-NA] tent canvas source

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:18:06 -0400

As for brilliant white, nothing a tablespoon of yellow,red and green
dye won't cure. So, I'll have to put my ignorance on display and say
that I thought the word "canvas" implied cotton. There was another
reply about painter's tarps being real bad in weather. I'm left
wondering what kind of cotton canvas is good in weather and how it gets
that way. For my purposes, a tent would be my last problem as I need so
many more things before I could attend a regia event. Speaking strictly
historically, I would think a commoner would probably never come to own
a tent and would just sleep under whatever availed itself while hunting
or on campaign, or more likely, just get wet if it rained.