[Regia-NA] tent fabrics

J Hill list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:10:52 -0700

I've not used these fibers & can't see that linen would be that much
different in its properties than cotton, altho linen is strongest when
wet... maybe esp suitable for the Pacific NW?
Wool?  Incredibly heavy when wet.  If you lived in a wet climate, I'd avoid
it.  Not bad for us in the high desert, tho'.  Expensive, unless you have
unlimited access to fleeces.
Fleece type would be important.  Suffolks have a spiral crimp & their fleece
doesn't felt readily & it pops back into shape.
Other fleece types have other properties... Icelandic felts nicely & the
guard hair, I've heard, made excellent lines for ships.
This could be fun. <G>  Jennifer