[Regia-NA] Sumptuary Laws

Nicholson, Andrew list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:48:00 +0100

Good Morning Jennifer!,

What are you still doing up? Its 9.44 am over here and in-to-work time =
:-(

Hempen rope provenencable. No extant hemp cloth, but then plant fibres =
are
notoriously difficult to preserve, and their recovery from =
archaeological
contexts is usually a matter of chance. That's why there's so little
preserved linen from the period. Same goes for nettle fibres too.

Gu=F0rum