[Regia-NA] ALSO re: Embroidery? (pics)

Tracie Brown list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:26:47 -0400

>From: "Chris Boulton" <chris.boulton@ntlworld.com>

>> The local natural-fiber knitting store
>> has some, but it's all pastel pink and blue, Easter bunny
colours

>On the contrary - pastel pink and blue are ideal. Do
remember - linen
>doesn't take dyes as well as wool, so colours would be more
pastel shades.

Well ... there's pastels and pastels.  The "Easter bunny"
colors, as well as being pastel, have a certain unnatural
quality about them that naturally dyed linen, however light
the color, does not have.

I frequently resort to special order or mail order to get
fiber objects for historical projects, but it's becoming
easier to get way cool (but very modern) novelty yarns and
flosses in this little southern town.

-- Tracie