[Regia-NA] quote help!

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:58:25 +0100 (BST)

--0-1180757386-1063832305=:11181

Righty then!After years of quoting a passage i read years ago i thought i'd finally ask if anyone knows the referance for itThe quote i read i believe was probably written by a Saxon{who else?} or more probably a monk.I don't believe that they were refering to the Lindesfarn redistrabution of wealth.
The quote is "men from the sea with horned helms".When i make referance to this text i point out that this is probably a referance to horn quarter plates akin to the Benty Grange helm & not wopping great cow horns sticking out of each side of the helm!
If any one can point me in the direction of the quote or better still the whole text it was taken from

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

--0-1180757386-1063832305=:11181

<DIV>Righty then!After years of quoting a passage i read years ago i thought i'd finally ask if anyone knows the referance for itThe quote i read i believe was probably written by a Saxon{who else?} or more probably a monk.I don't believe that they were refering to the Lindesfarn redistrabution of wealth.</DIV>
<DIV>The quote is "men from the sea with horned helms".When i make referance to this text i point out that this is probably a referance to horn quarter&nbsp;plates akin to the Benty Grange helm&nbsp;&amp; not wopping great cow horns sticking out of each side of the helm!</DIV>
--0-1180757386-1063832305=:11181--