[Regia-NA] In need of book reviews

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:03:25 -0500

sorry about the previous blank message!
Id really like to know more about the two books Wil mentions too
i keep my ILL department busy but they are on my list of things to track =
down eventually

Halvgrimr

-----Original Message-----
From: Schuster, Robert L.=20
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 8:00 AM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: RE: [Regia-NA] In need of book reviews

-----Original Message-----
From: wjy851@mail.usask.ca [mailto:wjy851@mail.usask.ca]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 11:47 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: [Regia-NA] In need of book reviews

Hello All

Second year of university, and I have discovered the magic of inter =
library=20
loan. I have a couple books on order (Dominic Tweedle's 'The Anglian =
Helm From=20
Coppergate) and was thinking of ordering two more: The Anglo-Saxon =
Shield=20
by I.P. Stephenson and Early Anglo-Saxon Shields by Tania Dickinson, =
Heinrich=20
Harke. Are these worthwhile? What timeframes do they cover?

Also, I recently heard that tenth and eleventh century shield bosses =
found in=20
Ireland display noticably different characteristics than those from =
elsewhere=20
in Europe, but whatever I was reading did not go into any detail. Anyone =
know=20
of a book which may touch on this subject?=20

Regards,

~Wil