[Regia-NA] Info on halbier or halbi, Viking Normand Apple pear breuvage?

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:17:34 -0400

How can one test the alchohol level apart from drinking a pint? Here in
Massachusetts, USA, Nanny capital of the free world,  all cider must be
pasteurized. Most farms stopped making cider at that point as it was
too costly a process. As kids we used to buy quarts of cider and set
them in a dark spot with the cap loose. Pretty nasty stuff but if you
don't mind loosing a little volume you can rack it off which gets rid
of the slimy sludge on the bottom. Amazing what you can live through
contrary to popular beliefs. I think the whole thing stemmed from the
"Odwala" incident where a few children died from apple juice. Seems the
deer where doing their business in the orchard like they always do, and
the machinery didn't notice.  There's no substitute for preparing your
own food with your own hands. Now I just shortcut the process and drop
some Jack Daniels in the store stuff. ....It's apple time here, may
have to go picking and fashion a press....