[Regia-NA] Mantle question

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:30:16 +0100 (CET)

------=_Part_6268_25410929.1067617816262

When you say "fake" wool, what do you mean?

Bill

Message date : Oct 31 2003, 03:59 PM
>From : Jan Ward
To : list-regia-na@lig.net
Copy to :
Subject : [Regia-NA] Mantle question
I made a mantle to wear for SCA, using the description
in Gale Owen-Crocker's book (Oval, longer in back).
I used a keyhole neckline, so it would fit closer
around my neck, and I lined it with fake sheepskin
fleece. It's a tan wool, in a plain weave.
Will this pass for Regia use? Where do I send pictures
of my stuff to have it checked for authenticity?
Also, the mantle, being longer (and thus heavier)in
back tends to slip back until the bottom of the
keyhole opening is pressing against my throat. It
seems to me that this would have been a problem in
period, too. Even pinning it to the dress in front
would not keep it in place, it would just pull the
dress up also. How did they manage?
Edwinna

<P>When you say "fake" wool, what do you mean?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Bill<BR><BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0=
000 2px solid">Message date : Oct 31 2003, 03:59 PM <BR>From : Jan Ward <HA=
WKSBLUFF@YAHOO.COM><BR>To : list-regia-na@lig.net <BR>Copy to : <BR>Subject=
 : [Regia-NA] Mantle question <BR>I made a mantle to wear for SCA, using th=
e description <BR>in Gale Owen-Crocker's book (Oval, longer in back). <BR>I=
 used a keyhole neckline, so it would fit closer <BR>around my neck, and I =
lined it with fake sheepskin <BR>fleece. It's a tan wool, in a plain weave.=
 <BR>Will this pass for Regia use? Where do I send pictures <BR>of my stuff=
 to have it checked for authenticity? <BR>Also, the mantle, being longer (a=
nd thus heavier)in <BR>back tends to slip back until the bottom of the <BR>=
keyhole opening is pressing against my throat. It <BR>seems to me that this=
 would have been a problem in <BR>period, too. Even pinning it to the dress=
 in front <BR>would not keep it in place, it would just pull the <BR>dress =
up also. How did they manage? <BR>Edwinna <BR><BR>_________________________=
<BR>http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/ <BR>_____________________=