[Regia-NA] viking bows

Gareth Evans list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:06:08 -0000

Please do not think that I was having a go, or slating.  I just like
shooting bare bow, I have done the Sight, stabiliser, Weights, wind
direction, pacing.......etc.  I prefer pure natural bare back bow.

You mentioned that these bows were Yew, now I get your point.  Yew bows
should only be made of good staves.  If it is made out of inferior wood then
yes the backing might help avoid injury.  Yew is a nasty splintering wood,
so I do now get your point.

Have you thought about ASH, common Bow wood in our period and fairly easy to
get a good stave.  Just an idea, hope you enjoy the shooting that you  do,
as that is the whole point.

All the best

Goose

This line certifies that this message has been scanned for the presense of
viruses.  Using McAfee Groupshield.

Labgear Ltd.

www.mimesweeper.com