[Regia-NA] New pics fully captioned now

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:31:47 -0400

     Beautiful work! I see it's the exact same roof structure as the
Elizabethan cart shed we worked on last spring. I also see you have
tarred the bases of the earthfast posts. What is the expected lifetime
of those?? Yes, I'm obsessing about the posts. I would love to build my
hall on that premise but I hope and pray I'll live another 40 years. I
have never seen wood in direct contact with soil survive more than 10
years, even 40cca pressure treated. What's the PH of the soil??

   Is that a typical Saxon crane? Looks more Norman to me.

   Very jealous in Massachusetts. Did I mention it's snowing here
already.