[Regia-NA] "Viking Age" Norwegian Saexs

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:23:11 -0500

A friend of mine posed this question to me earlier this week and so far =
I have been unable to locate any info so I thought I'd ask you folks.

We have tons of info on saexs during the Vendel period and we have some =
limited info on saexs during the Viking Age in the UK but can anyone =
site examples of saexs being used in any of the "Viking Age" Norwegian =
locales?

The reason he asks is that almost every reenactor he knows wants a saex =
but what is the precedence for having one? (if your not doing a Vendel =
age Swede or "Viking Age" UK portrayal of course)

Interesting question actually.

Halvgrimr