[Regia-NA] Western Canada

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:27:04 -0600

http://www.topica.com/lists/nordhere/

The above link is to an email group I've just started this
afternoon. 'Nordhere' is a sort of umbrella group we are putting together for
anyone interested in 11th century history/reenactment in Western Canada, and
we're looking for folks.

This is not going to be a full fledged group. We are planning to get together
once a year to do an event, probably a camp. The plan is currently to do the
camp display at the Red Deer Highland Games in Alberta, but it's not set in
stone. We have 4-6 people in Saskatchewan, three in NWT and two in Alberta.

We are not out to steal members from Regia Anglorum or the SCA! It's one
weekend a year, attending would enhance, not interfere with participation in
any other clubs.

If you are in the Territories, BC, Alberta, Sask or Manitoba, and might be
interested in attending the weekend next summer, please join the list and
introduce yourself. We have just begun discussing authenticity standards, steel
combat, and the planning of the camp in the summer. Feedback from a few more
folks would be appreciated.

Regards,

~Wil