[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:16:25 -0500

In defense of the rap shot, one done to the back of the neck or head =
would=20
indeed be enough to, if nothing else, stun an opponent long enough to =
cause=20
unconsiouness or daze enough to follow through with a kiling blow. Those =
of=20
you who have been accidentally struck down the spine can attest to the =
shock=20
that feeling can cause.

--I believe that Camric has said more eloquently what I was trying to =
convey earlier.

Wulfhere also said:

This MAY be particular to the East Kingdom. The reason people get hit so =

hard is that they don't graciously accept the fact that they have been=20
hit the first two times. Some of these knights get very frustrated=20
after landing a killing blow and hearing "light."

--Yes, it has been my experience that this is more common on the East =
coast. On the other end of the spectrum though, we (in Calontir) use =
active marshalling. If the marshals think that you have intentionally =
missed calling something, they will let you know you are dead. The =
Easterners (and others kingdoms as well) hate this as much as we =
disprove of their 'style' of combat.

sorry to bore the rest of you with this SCA talk, maybe future replies =
should be private?

Halvgrimr