[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:21:20 +0200 (CEST)

------=_Part_235_12148594.1066108880576

I was with holding because the two systems are different in most ways, and I didn't want to compare apples and oranges.  Last time I fought SCA style, a few years ago, it was illegal to shieldbash someone, that is to use your shield offensively like a weapon.  Thus no pushing.  So you could get in close and perform the miracle back-of-the-head shot.  I personally don't think it would practical, because...
1) You have to get in close to execute the manuver, thus making you more vulnerable.  Why do I want to get inside someone that I know can do the same back to me?  And if I have an advantage of a distance, I would use it at length and not put myself in jeopardy of someone else's shorter range.  I too think it is an SCA-ism, as if you have ever seen two heavily armored fighters, covered by door shields, then you would see the only opening is the head...and if they can't push against one-another, then the means close in and attack the most exposed target...the head.
2)  I don't think you could get in a killing blow with that attack...wound, yes, but not kill.
Bill
------=_Part_235_12148594.1066108880576

<P>I was with holding because the two systems are different in most ways, and I didn't want to compare apples and oranges.&nbsp; Last time I fought SCA style, a few years ago, it was illegal to shieldbash someone, that is to use your shield offensively like a weapon.&nbsp; Thus no pushing.&nbsp; So you could get in close and perform the miracle back-of-the-head shot.&nbsp; I personally don't think it would practical, because...</P>
<P>1) You have to get in close to execute the manuver, thus making you more vulnerable.&nbsp; Why do I want to get inside someone that I know can do the same back to me?&nbsp; And if I have an advantage of a distance, I would use it at length and not put myself in jeopardy of someone else's shorter range.&nbsp; I too think it is an SCA-ism, as if you have ever seen two heavily armored fighters, covered by door shields, then you would see the only opening is the head...and if they can't push against one-another, then the means close in and attack the most exposed target...the head.</P>
<P>2)&nbsp; I don't think you could get in a killing blow with that attack...wound, yes, but not kill.</P>
<P>Bill</P>
------=_Part_235_12148594.1066108880576--