[Regia-NA] Regia Combat (was Greetings)

Wulfhere list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:01:48 -0400

on 10/13/03 5:01 PM, Chris Boulton at chris.boulton@ntlworld.com wrote:

>> Yes, but the point being that whatever your neighbors thought, they
>> didn't actually say anything to the funny man swing a sword in the yard
>> slaying invisible foes.
>
> It's all the dead fairies at the bottom of the garden isn't it? Dead
> giveaway....
>
> Chris.

That's "Alternative Lifestyle Sprit Beings".

More seriously, did you swing steel or a wooden waster? I've noticed that
the SCA folk do a lot of the same backhanded, around the armor moves. I
haven't addressed SCA combat so I'm not sure if it's legal to knock an
opponent on his flanks but that's just what seems appropriate when someone
is off balance and reaching. So, what I'm gathering is that Regia combat is
a lot like SCA combat without all the protective gear. Do the helms have
face protection? If not, how do address head shots safely?