[Regia-NA] tents again

Kimberly Karn list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:06:49 -0700

guthrum wrote:
> I'd be inclined to agree with you. Out of all of them the bottom one is
> probably best. Liking reds is fine, but until you reach the ranks of the
> upper nobility or royalty you have to be very careful as to which sort of
> reds you use. Guthrum the Jarl would love a pair of trousers in the second
> one down; Guthrum Furnace-maker wouldn't even be allowed to splash mud on it
> :).
>
> Guthrum.

Trust me you do not want trousers made from jute. It's like wearing a
scouring pad. if you ever thought wool was scratchy. It feels like silk
next to jute. One good thing is it is weather proof and wears forever.
BTW I bought the red for bags for some SCA stuff. Not for Regia. However
I like the fabric and am thinking it would make a tent that I might have
to will to my grandchildren. Assuming I ever have a kid.