[Regia-NA] tents again

Kimberly Karn list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:36:53 -0700

Having bought a french bell wedge from panther primatives I am loathe to
invest in another tent as of right now but I just picked up some jute
fabric in a herringbone weave for some bags. It was 2.99 a yard and a
nice tight weave as well as a good weight. At that price I can afford to
get a few more bolts. I was wondering what would be wrong with a tent
made of this fabric.
  I got the second one down. I just love red.
http://www.jamesthompson.com/zoom.php?SampleName=Burlap_Plaids
I know jute comes from India. I understand that the fiber prolly would
not be used in that part of europe in our period, but cotton would have
been just as scarce. Jute stands up to the weather fairly well.
Can I just get a bit of feedback before I plunge into this investment.
I was thinking Geteld btw
Kimberly