[Regia-NA] OT- Cooking squirrels & hunting rabbits

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:01:14 +0200 (CEST)

------=_Part_13606_32558567.1065646874777

We had a conversation at Fritton one year about snaring versus shooting.  It has to have been much more "economical" to catch game by the former method.  We were extremely irate at a flock of geese that was in residence around the camp and would buzz us every morning at 0530 with a wake-up call.  Watching the flock circle one afternoon, comments were exchanged over actually hitting one in flight.  Feasible, certainly, but not without a lot of fetching...fallen birds, stray arrows, etc..  More likely, someone would have waited til the geese went to roost, snuck up on their nests and netted them...a large net being able to take several birds at once.
My experience with SCA arrows are that yes, you can watch them coming and even step out of the way.
Bill
------=_Part_13606_32558567.1065646874777

<P>We had a conversation at Fritton one year about snaring versus shooting.&nbsp; It has to have been much more "economical" to catch game by the former method.&nbsp; We were extremely irate at a flock of geese that was in residence around the camp and would buzz us every morning at 0530 with a wake-up call.&nbsp; Watching the flock circle one afternoon, comments were exchanged over actually hitting one in flight.&nbsp; Feasible, certainly, but not without a lot of fetching...fallen birds, stray arrows, etc..&nbsp; More likely, someone would have waited til the geese went to roost, snuck up on their nests and netted them...a large net being able to take several birds at once.</P>
<P>My experience with SCA arrows are that yes, you can watch them coming and even step out of the way.</P>
<P>Bill<BR></P>
------=_Part_13606_32558567.1065646874777--