[Regia-NA] OT- Cooking squirrels & hunting rabbits

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:50:11 +0100 (BST)

--0-1807568173-1065646211=:24095

I think Chris Boulton on the uk list would be the best person to talk to,him being the archery officer.I shall post this mail to him & he can answer in his own {official} words.
Over to you Chris!
Regards,
Mik

As a PS to this posting,if there is one archer you have a good chance of knocking the arrow out of the sky at any poundage of bow just don't expect to be able to do that with more than one archer.They have a habit of waiting till you are distracted before loosing the goose shaft in your direction.With more than 3 archers i don't expect to have a long life on the battle field
Wulfhere se Treowryhta <wulfhere@masspostroad.net> wrote:

Can you get me some link to a source for these? The combat shafts the
SCA uses are a bit more comical than functional. Some of the heavy
listers claim you can whack them out of the air if your looking. Both
my longbows are #65 or better. Are these self bows? I ask because it's
so hard to get a shaft to bend properly around a handle with low draw
weight wood bows. That bend is critical to accuracy. I would imagine
our Viking age friends would have snared small game.

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

--0-1807568173-1065646211=:24095

<DIV>I think Chris Boulton on the uk list would be the best person to talk to,him being the archery officer.I shall post this mail to him &amp; he can answer in his own {official} words.</DIV>
<DIV>Over to you Chris!</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Mik<BR></DIV>
<DIV>As a PS to this posting,if there is one archer you have a good chance of knocking the arrow out of the sky at any poundage of bow just don't expect to be able to do that with more than one archer.They have a habit of waiting till you are distracted before loosing the goose shaft in your direction.With more than 3 archers i don't expect to have a long life on the battle field<BR><B><I>Wulfhere se Treowryhta &lt;wulfhere@masspostroad.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
 href="http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline_messenger/*http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/"><b>Get the FREE Yahoo!
--0-1807568173-1065646211=:24095--