[Regia-NA] Suitable Swords

Pete James list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:37:36 -0000

They might be but the site says made in UK so I don't think so.

I think they look a bit like Armour Class.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk
[mailto:VIKING@inthedanelaw.fsnet.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:33 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] Suitable Swords

Look like the Paul Chen swords.
Bill

Message date : Nov 24 2003, 09:51 AM=20
>From : Pete James=20
To : 'The-Vikings-List@yahoogroups.com' , 'list-regia-na@lig.net' ,
'California_Viking_Age@yahoogroups.com'=20
Copy to :=20
Subject : [Regia-NA] Suitable Swords=20
Hi=20

There is regular discussion on whether this or that sword is suitable =
for=20
Vikings/Regia style combat, and over the weekend I was sent an on-line =
link=20
to these guys.=20

http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Live_Steel.html=20

>From the description and photos they look good, the weight is about =
right,=20
and I wonder if anyone in Leftpondia has handled, used or bought one =
and=20
would like to offer their opinion.=20

The price is about right for a UK made blade (as claimed) and from the =
look=20
of them I think I might know who the manufacturer is (not Paul Binns).=20

Comments folks ?=20

Gu=F0ro=F0 Of Colanhomm=20

"Literature stops in 1100. After that it's just books"=20
J.R.R. Tolkien=20