[Regia-NA] Suitable Swords

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:32:57 +0100 (CET)

------=_Part_8002_10420336.1069684377476

Look like the Paul Chen swords.
Bill

Message date : Nov 24 2003, 09:51 AM=20
>From : Pete James=20
To : 'The-Vikings-List@yahoogroups.com' , 'list-regia-na@lig.net' , 'Califo=
rnia_Viking_Age@yahoogroups.com'=20
Copy to :=20
Subject : [Regia-NA] Suitable Swords=20
Hi=20

There is regular discussion on whether this or that sword is suitable for=
=20
Vikings/Regia style combat, and over the weekend I was sent an on-line link=
=20
to these guys.=20

http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Live_Steel.html=20

>From the description and photos they look good, the weight is about right,=
=20
and I wonder if anyone in Leftpondia has handled, used or bought one and=20
would like to offer their opinion.=20

The price is about right for a UK made blade (as claimed) and from the look=
=20
of them I think I might know who the manufacturer is (not Paul Binns).=20

Comments folks ?=20

Gu=F0ro=F0 Of Colanhomm=20

"Literature stops in 1100. After that it's just books"=20
J.R.R. Tolkien=20

<P>Look like the Paul Chen swords.</P>
<P>Bill<BR><BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0=
000 2px solid">Message date : Nov 24 2003, 09:51 AM <BR>From : Pete James <=
PETER@CITIZEN.CO.UK><BR>To : 'The-Vikings-List@yahoogroups.com' <THE-VIKING=
S-LIST@YAHOOGROUPS.COM>, 'list-regia-na@lig.net' <LIST-REGIA-NA@LIG.NET>, '=
California_Viking_Age@yahoogroups.com' <CALIFORNIA_VIKING_AGE@YAHOOGROUPS.C=
OM><BR>Copy to : <BR>Subject : [Regia-NA] Suitable Swords <BR>Hi <BR><BR>Th=
ere is regular discussion on whether this or that sword is suitable for <BR=
>Vikings/Regia style combat, and over the weekend I was sent an on-line lin=
k <BR>to these guys. <BR><BR>http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Live_Stee=
l.html <BR><BR>From the description and photos they look good, the weight i=
s about right, <BR>and I wonder if anyone in Leftpondia has handled, used o=
r bought one and <BR>would like to offer their opinion. <BR><BR>The price i=
s about right for a UK made blade (as claimed) and from the look <BR>of the=
m I think I might know who the manufacturer is (not Paul Binns). <BR><BR>Co=
mments folks ? <BR><BR>Gu=F0ro=F0 Of Colanhomm <BR><BR>"Literature stops in=
 1100. After that it's just books" <BR>J.R.R. Tolkien <BR>_________________=