[Regia-NA] Cranbrook Viking Exhibit

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:51:58 GMT

> Heard a rumor that some Viking re-enactors from Ontario are going to be
> at this Exhibit over Thanksgiving weekend.

It's not a rumour, it's true!

Here's the Cranbrook website:
http://www.cranbrook.edu/institute/exhibits/full_circle.shtml

And the website for the group doing the demo:
http://www.pipcom.com/~darc

And Darrell Markowitz's Unofficial World of the Norse webpage:
http://home.golden.net/~wareham/worldnorse/

Darrell is the man behind the exhibit and the demonstration.

> Am wondering if anyone from Regia NA will be part of that?

I don't believe that any of the DARC folks who are on tap to do the demo
are also members of Regia, although there is some overlap in the broader
DARC community.

> Also, would more demonstrators be welcome?
> I have a few things I can demo or bring to add to the exhibit.

Thank you, but the DARC group has lots of demonstrators on hand already. We
don't need any more bodies.

However, please do feel free to dress mundanely and identify yourself as a
fellow re-enactor and talk to us about it while we're there!

I'll be the one peering intently at my warp-weighted loom in the lobby.
I've really got to get contacts for these gigs someday!

Karen :)