[Regia-NA] Hats and headgear

Douglas Sunlin list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:24:05 -0800

The Coppergate cap is, I believe, more like the bashlyks worn by the ancient
Scythians, than exactly a coif from middle ages. Anyone got a picture?

If you come out to California (or Arizona or Nevada for that matter), you'll
quickly seek something - anything - to wear over your head. When sunburn,
heatstroke and sunstroke are dangers, would not some kind of headwear become
a safety issue?

Looking out for the troops,
Osweald of Baldurstrand
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/California_Viking_Age
http://www.geocities.com/baldurstrand/

>My ruling would be "no", as well, if I ever saw a man trying to wear one in
>a Regia context - after I stopped laughing.
>
>Steve

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es