[Regia-NA] Re: films

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:11:46 +0000 (GMT)

--0-2124664210-1069434706=:37069

Ivanhoe,where the first aid co-ordinator had to threaten the director to get the extras {us lot} some water.The cast were fine,the crew was fine,the horses were fine but the extras had to endure 90 degree heat.Except me,i'd found the refreshments early on & had foolishly presumed that they were there for everyone so i'd helped myself.I still remember the tilt scene in which i appeared in the crowd i could see my balding head shining through the crowds.
I didn't think much of the programme either but it was shot in a nice part of England.
Regards,
Mik

Martin Field <marfield66@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Speaking of watching props, about six years ago I recall watching the props
of the latest two-part TV adaptation of Ivanhoe (of which we jokingly
adapted the title to, 'I have a hoe'.
Anyway, about half a mile from the film set was where all the support
vehicles were, amongst which was a certain Volvo estate with a sign in the
back that read Regia Anglorum.
I've always wondered who that person might have been ;-))
Martin

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

--0-2124664210-1069434706=:37069

<DIV>Ivanhoe,where the first aid co-ordinator had to threaten the director to get the extras {us lot} some water.The cast were fine,the crew was fine,the horses were fine but the extras had to endure 90 degree heat.Except me,i'd found the refreshments early on &amp; had foolishly presumed that they were there for everyone so i'd helped myself.I still remember the tilt scene in which i appeared in the crowd i could see my balding head shining through the crowds.</DIV>
<DIV>I didn't think much of the programme either but it was shot in a nice part of England.</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Mik<BR><BR><B><I>Martin Field &lt;marfield66@sympatico.ca&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
--0-2124664210-1069434706=:37069--