[Regia-NA] Re: films

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:49:45 -0500

Watching the props was half the fun of that movie (says the
summer-spent-doing props person)!

I particularly liked that every one of the 13 warriors was dressed in a
different time/place type of armor, and some of the pieces were very
good...just strange paired together.  So close and yet so far.

Clearly--my expectations for films are not very high!

--charlotte mayhew

----- Original Message -----
Wrom: EMSFDULHPQQWOYIYZUNNYCGPKYLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGMEPY
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: RE: [Regia-NA] Re: films

If they put the right stuff on extras, the
public might become more educated.  Alas, education is not the prime goal of
the film and TV industry - it's money.

--yup, unfortunately that's what happens

the odd thing is that filmmakers will dump loads of money into the strangest
things.

I once read somewhere that when making the 13th Warrior, the folks in charge
purposely put all the bad armour in the film as it was what the public
wanted to see. They knew it was wrong but did it anyway. Then the turned
around and threw alot of cash someone's way to make authentic props like
buckets (and other things that slip my mind at this time).

I couldn't believe it, but hey at least they were getting something right

Halvgrimr