[Regia-NA] Re: films

Cory Nielsen list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:47:47 -0700

Kathy writes:

"Which reminds me.. has any one read Michel Crochton's latest book
Timeline?"

I've read the book. I  enjoyed it, in part because the story was good and in
part because I'm interested in 14th century Europe (particularly the HRE,
though).

My hopes for the movie aren't high. One of the main points of the book is
the misunderstanding surrouding the Middle Ages due to inaccurate movies,
commonly believed falsehoods, etc., and I have a feeling that this movie
will, ironically, feed those very myths. I'm guessing the garb, arms &
armour, politics, etc. will probably be as bad as those depicted in movies
like Braveheart.

Cory