[Regia-NA] Introduction and Questions

Pete James list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:15:13 -0000

Hi

It's not Regia, but there are some excellent guidelines for camp =
equipment
here:

http://www.vestrusvikingships.org/realviking/

Each file is a pdf of about the size shown

Tents 268K=20
Chests 30K=20
Buckets 137K=20
Trestle Tables 27K=20
Cooking Equipment 163K=20
Chest Drawings 138K=20

Gu=F0ro=F0 Of Colanhomm

"Literature stops in 1100. After that it's just books"
J.R.R. Tolkien

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Ward [mailto:hawksbluff@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:45 AM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: Re: [Regia-NA] Introduction and Questions

What about just sending me the sections that deal with
kit--clothing, seating, eating, cooking and camping
gear. I'm too old to take up fighting, anyway.
I've downloaded instructions for making a geteld. I'm
dithering about whether to move over across the border
into the Danelaw, anyway, since there are lots more
Vikings to play with here than Anglo-Saxons. Means
I'll have to buy more new books, too.=20
Oh, and is there something like a name list, so I can
choose a new moniker, since "Edwinna" seems to be OOP?
I just got a new set of sample sheets from Robin and
Russ, and they have a fine bleached linen singles
yarn. I ordered a couple of large cones, 5-6 pounds,
so I can weave my shift, coif, and veil.=20
Do Anglo Saxon women wear winingas? What about Viking
women? Socks?
Edwinna