[Regia-NA] MR Viking Sword Video Question

Conall list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:05:52 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C3AD56.F754FA40

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "rmhowe" <MMagnusM@bellsouth.net>

> I simply called and reordered and the next one came without
> the dip across the blade.  It was a Del Tin product, the
> Catalonian sword, which they still produce on and off. But
> at that time it was hard to find a decent swordmaker who
> made halfway decent swords as opposed to now when there is
> real competition in the marketplace. Shortly thereafter
> the price nearly doubled on them so it wasn't a bad buy.

    I used to really admire the Del Tin swords that MR used to offer, =
but back then I was in no financial position to buy any of them.

> I've also learned that a lot of the stuff MR sells these
> days is from companies Hank used to criticize rather highly
> in the days before he began taking marching orders from
> Windlass Steelcrafts in India who bought MR and AC out.

    I have owned three MR weapons, and have been overall pretty =
disappointed in the quality.  Let's just say that I certainly wouldn't =
want my life depending on them.

> So it's worth cross checking a few sources as you can save
> serious bucks buying the same thing from competitors who can
> price it much less.

    Many thanks to all of you for the information and opinions.

    Conall
------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C3AD56.F754FA40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>From: "rmhowe" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:MMagnusM@bellsouth.net">MMagnusM@bellsouth.net</A>&gt;</DI=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt; I simply called and reordered and the next one came =
without<BR>&gt;=20
the dip across the blade.&nbsp; It was a Del Tin product, the<BR>&gt; =
Catalonian=20
sword, which they still produce on and off. But<BR>&gt; at that time it =
was hard=20
to find a decent swordmaker who<BR>&gt; made halfway decent swords as =
opposed to=20
now when there is<BR>&gt; real competition in the marketplace. Shortly=20
thereafter<BR>&gt; the price nearly doubled on them so it wasn't a bad=20
buy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I used to really admire the Del Tin swords that =
MR used=20
to offer, but back then I was in no financial position to buy any of =
them.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; I've also learned that a lot of the stuff MR sells =
these<BR>&gt;=20
days is from companies Hank used to criticize rather highly<BR>&gt; in =
the days=20
before he began taking marching orders from<BR>&gt; Windlass Steelcrafts =
in=20
India who bought MR and AC out.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have owned three MR weapons, and have been =
overall=20
pretty disappointed in the quality.&nbsp; Let's just say that I =
certainly=20
wouldn't want my life depending on them.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; So it's worth cross checking a few sources as you can =
save<BR>&gt;=20
serious bucks buying the same thing from competitors who can<BR>&gt; =
price it=20
much less.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Many thanks to all of you for the information =
and=20
opinions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><FONT=20
size=3D3>Conall</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C3AD56.F754FA40--