[Regia-NA] Re:Swords/Gudrun/query

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:16:12 EST

--part1_128.34f475db.2ce578cc_boundary

In a message dated 14/11/2003 00:05:57 GMT Standard Time, kth62@yahoo.com
writes:

> by stalwart warriors when facing the dreaded  Sisters of Medwaeg..
>
> Umm who are they anyway..

I wondered if you'd ask.  We are/portray occasionally C10th Benedictine nuns.
 Mostly we are very serious and sensible and lead processions singing in
Latin, but just now and then we get fed-up with nun jokes from our Viking friends
and decide to make an example of one of them.  Once we surrrounded one and
force-baptised him with several gallons of water.  Another time I shot him with
what appeared to be a borrowed longbow (yep - the same one - he is a glutton
for punishment).  Mostly they run ... very fast!

Oh and there was also the German SS officer at a multi-period show who pulled
the "Are you a paratrooper in disguise - I'll check for hairy legs" gag once
too often.  His own society took a long time to forget his fate.  A year later
they asked me if I was the nun who "decked him".  Not true - I only pushed
him away.

We like being nuns.  And they're never quite sure when either....

Regards

Aly (aka Sister Mildred)

--part1_128.34f475db.2ce578cc_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 14/11/2003 00:05:57 GMT Standard Ti=
me, kth62@yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">by stalwart warriors when facin=
g the dreaded&nbsp; Sisters of Medwaeg..<BR>
 <BR>
Umm who are they anyway.. <BR>
 <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I wondered if you'd ask.&nbsp; We are/portray occasionally C10th Benedictine=
 nuns.&nbsp; Mostly we are very serious and sensible and lead processions si=
nging in Latin, but just now and then we get fed-up with nun jokes from our=20=
Viking friends and decide to make an example of one of them.&nbsp; Once we s=
urrrounded one and force-baptised him with several gallons of water.&nbsp; A=
nother time I shot him with what appeared to be a borrowed longbow (yep - th=
e same one - he is a glutton for punishment).&nbsp; Mostly they run ... very=
 fast!<BR>
<BR>
Oh and there was also the German SS officer at a multi-period show who pulle=
d the "Are you a paratrooper in disguise - I'll check for hairy legs" gag on=
ce too often.&nbsp; His own society took a long time to forget his fate.&nbs=
p; A year later they asked me if I was the nun who "decked him".&nbsp; Not t=
rue - I only pushed him away.<BR>
<BR>
We like being nuns.&nbsp; And they're never quite sure when either....<BR>
<BR>
Regards<BR>
<BR>
Aly (aka Sister Mildred)</FONT></HTML>

--part1_128.34f475db.2ce578cc_boundary--