[Regia-NA] textile glossary?

Kitten * list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:08:45 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Kathy wrote:

> Hi Karen   what exactly are you looking for,,   fabric names?  ????/

Everything. I don't know what I'm going to encounter next!

I'm in heavy research mode at the moment, although relatively new to
textile stuff. Some terms are obvious, some I've picked up over the last
year but others...I need help.

Outstanding right now....from Lise Bender Jorgensen's "North European
Textiles until 1000 AD", she uses the terms 'hard spun' and 'soft spun' -
huh? I could take a guess, but I'd prefer not to just do that.

Also...'repp'. Someone on Norsefolk just posted a definition but in the
process threw in even more freaking terms that I hadn't known. I feel
swamped.

Karen