[Regia-NA] Book of possible interest to the fighters

Jan Ward list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:39:32 -0800 (PST)

I got on the list to receive notification of sale
books from David Brown Book Co. (That's Oxbow Books in
America). This came in today, listing some they have
from Boydell and Brewer Books:

The Lords of Battle
by Stephen S. Evans
An examination of the image of the comitatus, or
warband, as it is portrayed in literary and historical
sources from Britain's early medieval period - celtic
and Anglo-Saxon. Through an extensive use of a variety
of source material, literary, historical, and
archaeological, the book investigates the structure of
the warband, its place in society, and the practices
and institutions which supported it. 184p (Boydell
1997, Pb 1998)

ISBN 0851156622. Paperback. Publishers price

Sorry, the price got cut off. I think publisher's
price was 29.95, and sale price something like $7.95.
There were several others of possible interest in
other subjects, such as poetry, lives of women saints,
etc.
Unfortunately, I've already got an order in that will
have to be my Christmas present:-)
Edwinna