[Regia-NA] Looking for an axe or two

Tate William T Jr TSgt 352 OSS/SCSC list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 20 May 2003 06:31:43 -0000

My recommendation is to try Paul
Binns...http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk/.  I don't know that he has any
in stock, but will gladly take commissions.

Bill

WILLIAM T. TATE, JR., TSgt, USAF
Security Manager
352 OSS/SCSC
DSN 238-4827 (non-secure)

-----Original Message-----
From: Wulfhere se Treowryhta [mailto:wulfhere@masspostroad.net]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 3:55 PM
To: list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: [Regia-NA] Looking for an axe or two

The list manager says this may have been rejected, I'll try it again.

   I'm looking for a saxon "T" axe (very similar to the 15th century
goose wing)  for hewing and a viking pattern felling axe for scoring. I
can send pics if someone knows of a smith who could do it or replicas
that are already made. I'm sure I couldn't afford an original and I
wouldn't dare use it if I did. Besides, modern iron and steel look
enough like the old but are generally superior in performance.