[Regia-NA] LHE Regs

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 02:41:15 EDT

--part1_158.1f744413.2bf9d68b_boundary

welshladygwen@citlink.net writes:

> Is there some point on the learning curve where tablet weaving warping
> becomes simple?

I found a simple way.  I have the use of Medwaeg's Oseberg loom replica -
which is very like a bed-head.  To warp it I wind the wool round the full
length of the loom continuously until I have the right number of strands.  At
one end post, the wool just goes round the outside, aqt the other I take one
extra turn around the post - this gives each strand enough extra length for
tying. Then I cut them all at once, close to the double wrapped post. Then I
thread and tie every warp strand separately (very tightly).  The warp is able
to move around the posts of the loom, so once I get started, I can sit and
weave 11 feet of braid without having to move from my place - unless of
course I have to fetch my own drinks! (11ft takes me about five hours weaving
time, one hour warping-up)

Sorry if this makes little sense, but I've never tried to write it down
before...

Aly

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly"
 GK Chesterton

--part1_158.1f744413.2bf9d68b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" FACE=
=3D"Comic Sans MS" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 5/18/2003 6:46:38 PM GMT Da=