[Regia-NA] Viking glass and horns from Sweden/Various good merchants

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 08 May 2003 01:28:17 -0400

http://www.ragweedforge.com/cat-misc.html
Viking glass and horns from Sweden.

No, I don't work for Ragnar, but I have spent
quite a bit of money on his good quality products.
This is the only English language source I know of
for horned beakers.

I personally like the man. Probably bought twenty
items from him and been quite pleased with all
of them.

Ragweed Forge
Historical Ironwork and Accessories
Jim Shippick, P.O. box 326, Sanborn, NY 14132
www.ragweedforge.com    ragnar@ragweedforge.com   phone/fax (716)
731-3715
(He sells, or sold, my side knife which was designed by Arne Emile
Chritianson,
as a typical Viking belt knife, head of the Viking Ship Museum.)
As is my occaisional wont I have been looking about
the web for axes again today. Why I don't know but I like them.

I still have one of four on order but I bought a really nice
Viking War Axe from Albion Armourers, with a thin
blade and a thickened edge. Nicest I've seen actually
and I've been looking for quite a while.
AMX0021 Viking Type L Breidöx - War Axe (axe-head only).... $50
Albion Armorers  -  www.albionarmorers.com
http://www.Kingskeep.com/index.html?token=399090704-1299073158-769734297&A=32&B=Coming%20Attractions
mentions a 360 degree view CD of the Lewis Chessmen.
They are wonderful for many books of primary finds.
Stepping Through Time for later periods is the best book on
the subject. For earlier periods I would still consult
Primitive Shoes from the Museum of Denmark.
While I am recommending reliable merchants:
Tuckahoe Trading Company / Tom Apple and Paris Aiken
http://www.tuckahoetradingco.com/   info@tuckahoetradingco.com
3728 Cook Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23323 USA
Ph: (757) 487-1815
&
Historic Enterprises  http://www.HistoricEnterprises.com/
17228 Voorhes Lane
Ramona, CA 92065 USA
phone (760) 789-2299
fax (760) 789-6644
historic@pacbell.net
Incidentally, these people deal primarily only in authentic kit.
They are very famous for it. The guy on the first webpage is the
owner. They erect an actual building (two story) at Pennsic each
year.  They are wonderful for period archery supplies. They've
been featured in some of the recent History Channel programs.

Magnus