[Regia-NA] Virus again

J. Kim Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:53:17 -0000

My Norton 2003 pulled a virus infected post out of my download today. I've
been hit every day for some days now by one from <bigboss> but this was much
more insidious as it rode in on what purported to be a Microsoft March 2003
cumulative patch.

I've checked through Google and there is only one mention of it, so it might
be a New Boy.

The message said this

Microsoft Customer

this is the latest version of security update, the
"March 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates
all known security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer,
Outlook and Outlook Express as well as five newly
discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer
from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could allow
an attacker to run executable on your system. This update includes
the functionality of all previously released patches.

Hope your anti-virus software is up to date!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

"Spring in the air?"
"Spring in the air yerself !"