[Regia-NA] Fw: Correction - Sheep and Wool Festival

Carolyn Priest-Dorman list-regia-na@lig.net
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:17:28 -0500

Charlotte wrote:

>There's also a (much smaller) fleece festival (no sheep--just wool and
>wool-related items) in Chelsea, MI, twice a year that's fun for
>fiber-holics.  No website, to my knowledge.  If anyone's interested,
>please email me privately, and I'll send you the info.

In case anyone is interested, I have similar info on the New York State
Sheep and Wool Festival, which is held 30 minutes from my house in Dutchess
County, New York, every mid-October.  Several purveyors of Icelandic,
Shetland, Gotland, and similar old fleece breeds come there every
year.  Best score so far?  Combed Icelandic top imported from England. ;>

Carolyn Priest-Dorman              Þóra Sharptooth
  http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/thora.html