[Regia-NA] Re: [Regia] Raw Hide on Shields

Yolli list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:18:48 -0000

I covered a ply shield in rawhide once - I'd love to know where it went. I
think Jo sold it to John the Blimp......

When wrestled into position ( it was a job ) and nailed down on the back
face, it looked great. However, when it dried it wharped the board towards
the enemy. It seemed to be a good sturdy solution and a good surface to
decorate. Next time I would sew the edge and not nail it as a finished item.

There wasn't any glue binding it to the face of the shield. I guess it would
need some penetrating 'varnish' to prevent water ingress into the rawhide.
Although, as I recall, the face of the rawhide was much finer as a sheet
than the raggedy bits they use for dog chews.

I'll have to do it again and see what I get when applied to the latest style
of Regia shield with wooden baton etc.

Roll.