[Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?

TGS list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:37:24 -0500

I would also suggest an AO needs to have access to a good library.  They
should know how to do a number of different sorts of trades (although
'knowing how' and 'being able to do' aren't necessarily the same
thing).  It would be nice if they have actually attempted these various
trades at least once.

They should probably have some sort of ability to sketch, to facilitate
expressing themselves.  Being able to write and do proper research is good too.

I also think someone who knows where the skeletons are in the various
museums (or knows who does know) would be a plus too.  As Kim said, an
understanding of what was apparently the norm, rather than just what goes
into the picture books would be useful as well.

Finally, as has also been said, they need to have tact, and be able to
address issues without making them personal criticisms.

Take Care,
Tom