[Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?

Brand N Flossi list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:34:25 -0000

Each group should have its own AO. Flossi is ours, who then if a question
comes her way she can't answer she then takes it up with the Regia AO one a
one to one basis to get the answer.

Either way Email Steve to death (Regia's New AO)

Best,

Brand

----- Original Message -----
From: <marfield66@sympatico.ca>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Regia-NA] "what's an Authenticity Officer look like"?

> I agree it would not be a perfect arrangement to have an A.O serving all
North America but it would be a start.
> Notwithstanding we have to face vast distances it would still be desirable
to have one - perhaps in the form of Chris Kerr (mentioning no names !! ;-))
> This could develop into regional A.O's - as alluded to above there has to
be a starting point no matter how imperfect.
> How about a N.A Marshall - perhaps the Marshall in question could be
trained on an ongoing basis - capable of training
> us with spear only then developing onto other weapons.
> I'd certainly pay my part to send someone over to be trained up.
> In all of two years we have not to my recollection had a Marshall to
Pensic or elsewhere inspite of a number of requests.
> We now see the Vikings UK taking the initiative by sending two training
officers over for the June SCA Lilies War at Kansas City
> for people interested in combat training.
> Where is Regia UK all this ?
> I should mention that from a recent conversation,George is prepared to
cover half the travel expenses to have a A.O and Training Marshall come over
from the UK.
> This has been a much requested need and such needs as have been explained
still have not been fully addressed from the UK.
> Perhaps we ask on the open UK list for any officers that have training
capability if they want to come over for Pensic - again I realise this is
out of reach for some N.A. members but if there is sufficient interest from
one far flung quarter then surely additional travel can be arranged for
these UK officers.
> None of the above is meant to be taken personally I hasten to add.
> As mentioned by someone before,text losses that well meant tonal quality.
:-))