[Regia-NA] Mammen tunic (was Re: Textile Questions)

Carolyn Priest-Dorman list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:35:51 -0500

Hazel wrote:

> > Mytte Fentz has written a number of articles on this shirt.  But the best
> > is the pamphlet she put out with the 1:10 scale pattern for reproducing
> > one, complete with all the details.  There's an English version, too! ;>
>
>Where can we obtain a copy, please?

A friend brought me back one from the Nationalmuseet in Copenhagen.  The
Viborg Stiftsmuseum might distribute it, too.  Anyway, here's the complete
citation.

         Fentz, Mytte.  _The Viking Shirt from Viborg:  Instructions for
Making a Replica_, trans. Teresa Mesquit.  Viborg Stiftsmuseum, 1997.  (no
ISBN)

The Viborg shirt is 11th century, though, so only suitable for very late
Regia period.  Also, some of the reconstructions (particularly the unusual
drawstring-like neckline) are admittedly conjectural.

Carolyn Priest-Dorman              Þóra Sharptooth
  http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/thora.html