[Regia-NA] Skills training in NA was: Getting Sparks or Not

Patchett list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:40:26 -0500

Greetings all,

>If it was me, I'd listen to your explanation, hand you my kit and say
>
>"show me" !
>
>Here's a plan, you could always video it - I can read NTSC tapes. That
>started out as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but now I think about it, that
>might just solve many, many of our trans-Atlantic problems.
>
>What do you all think?

This idea has the best combination of low cost while still getting us
here in NA their civilian skills.  I can't keep sending my husbands and
myself to England every time I want a new skills. :-)  Though I also
think that many of the teachers, qualified to give signatures, need to
be comfortable with this idea.

Do those that teach LHE skills have a checklist, even a mental one, that
they go through before they consider someone qualified? If so, then I
think it would be a great help to have that list of things available to
the people wanting to video tape themselves for qualifications. If not,
the teacher will think I don't know my stuff, and I'll get frustrated
because I know my stuff I just didn't show it.

I suppose this ties into another question that I have:  What is the
process you need to go through to become a qualified AO and qualified to
teach LHE skills?  Many of these problems could be solved if we had our
own set of teachers and AO.  I realize that this is a long term solution
and the video tape is a short term one, but I think we are going to need
both  in NA if we are going to become 'really part of Regia'.

I mean no offense with that comment, so please let me explain some of
the feelings and struggles I'm having.  I've paid my membership money
and I've got my passport, but I don't feel as if I've paid my 'dues'
yet, nor are am I sure where and how I should be paying them.  I've read
the handbook, but I'm still struggling to understand how those rules are
applied and interpreted.  I'm know something about textiles, but I still
wonder if the advice I'm giving my fellows in Wynmerestow is good and
proper.  I think I need some sort of confirmation that what I'm doing
and how I'm doing it are up to Regia spec.  Without that I'm afraid that
I won't every feel like I'm really part of Regia.

Ędwen
-Wynmerestow